Monday, August 16, 2010

The Kite Runner #5

So this will be my last blog for summer reading and today is the last day of break! Haha so I've finished The Kite Runner and when I to try to think of a certain feeling I can't sum it all up to one, this book is full of emotions, or well for me it did. Since chapter 20 and as I predicted it was all going to be full of mixed emotions for many of the characters and especially Amir. Sohrab the son of Hassan was to be adopted by Amirbut officials says he was already adopted by a Taliban official so Amir makes an appointment with this official and this person is to be Assef, the character known for rapping Hassan. Amir is then beaten by Assef and Sohrab is to become the hero of this scene, he takes his slingshot and shoots at Assef's eye, with enough time they ran away. After Amir's recovering he tries to adopt Sohrab but the officials tell them he cant because they arent certain that his parents are dead or alive. Sohrab then tries to kill himself but fails which is really sad because he is very young and he has lost his dad already. The book ended with happiness Amir buys Sohrab a kite and beats another spotted kite, Amir then runs the kite for Sohrab in victory. I believe this would be the 5th best book that I've read, it was the most "worth-it" book to read this summer out of all the books I have read.

No comments:

Post a Comment