Monday, August 2, 2010

Their Eyes Were Watching God #!1

Okay, so I just started reading Their Eyes Were Watching God and I just read up to Chapter 3. It's not a lot of pages to start off with but the first chapter was able to help me catch the rhythm of how I should be reading this book. It's way more easier to understand when reading aloud, though some words in the book really caught me in confusion such as chillun and Ah. I figured out that Ah meant I with the clue that Ah has a capital A and I figured out that chillun meant children by sounding it out. The first three chapters were poetic to me in ways that there were many metaphors used in the text. I am not fond or excited to continue reading this book but as I continue I might fall into interest to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment